Renaming XYZ.agilekeychain

Options
OX4
OX4
Community Member

Well oops...it wasn't until I started playing around with the 1PasswordAnywhere stuff when I saw the little statement on the help page, "...make sure you do not rename this file. The name is important as Dropbox is specially configured for “1Password.agilekeychain” files." I really wish you all had put that statement up front in bold red letters in the installation user guides :(

So I renamed it something goofy, like XYZ.agilekeychain, during installation and turns out I need it to be named 1Password.agilekeychain. Can I just go in and rename the files in Dropbox, or will that mess everything up?

Thanks! BTW I'm in trial mode...been using it for 2 hours and will definitely pony up the dollars. Fantastic software.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2013
    Options

I need it to be named 1Password.agilekeychain. Can I just go in and rename the files in Dropbox?

Yes. Go ahead and rename the directory in Dropbox. When you re-launch 1Password, it will probably ask you where your 1Password Data is. Point it to the renamed agilekeychain. Thanks!

• OX4
    OX4
    Community Member
    Options

That was easy. Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Stefan, you are quite welcome! :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.