I cannot unlock 1Password with the Unlock on Secure Desktop function

Options

I have 1Password for Windows version 1.0.9.332. I cannot unlock 1Password with the Unlock on Secure Desktop function. If I type in the correct password and enter it, the secure desktop disappears and I return to my original desktop with the 1Password application remaining locked. If I type in an incorrect password, I receive an error saying I cannot unlock 1password with the password I've entered.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Do you happen to have any accented or "unusual" characters in your Master Password (apart from letters, numbers, and the symbols that appear on the keyboard keys: !@#$%^&*()-=_+)?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bluetorpedo are you sure you aren't pressing the Cancel or Close (X) button or Escape?

• bluetorpedo
    bluetorpedo
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for replying khad and stefan. My master password does not contain any accented or unusual characters. Stefan, I am sure that I am not pressing cancel or close after I type in my master password. I specifically tried it one more time and clicked on "unlock". After I click "unlock", visually it does seem like some processing is taking place, but I am returned to my normal desktop and 1Password remains locked. I am hoping for some more suggestions to help me track down the problem. I am running Windows 7 SP1 64bit with all the latest updates. Please let me know what information you need from me.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us your Diagnostics Report?

Select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File from the menu bar in 1Password. Then attach the report to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.