1Password extension causes Safari 6.0.5 to crash?

Skaroth
Skaroth
Community Member
edited June 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi!

I cannot tell, when these crashes started. Maybe it was the last Safari update to version 6.0.5.

Since some time my Safari web browser suddenly crashes and closes automatically when opening new web sites. For example: Safari often crashes when visiting YouTube. However this problem also exists on other web sites (vBulletin community boards etc.).

Every time Safari crashes I get following error message in my logfiles:

20.06.13 11:17:59,636 1Password Helper[321]: [HYBI] socketDidDisconnect: Error Domain=GCDAsyncSocketErrorDomain Code=7 "Socket closed by remote peer" UserInfo=0x7fb3ccc219f0 {NSLocalizedDescription=Socket closed by remote peer}>

I am not really sure, if the 1Password extension causes this problem.
Can someone from AgileBits check that?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It shouldn't be possible for the 1Password extension or any other extension to crash Safari since all extensions are sandboxed. However, you can test by uninstalling the 1Password extension.

Does the issue persist?

If not, does it come back immediately after you reinstall the 1Password extension?

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.