Master Password not being accepted in 1PasswordAnywhere

SawbonzDO
SawbonzDO
Community Member
edited June 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I use Dropbox to sync. Rarely do I use the link that opens the web browser with my passwords, but tonight I tried. The problem is that the web page asks for my 1PW password, which doesn't work. Being concerned, I tried to open the app with what I believe to be my password and it worked. Whew!

Still, I can't use the web form. Ideas, please?

Comments

• SawbonzDO
    SawbonzDO
    Community Member

I meant 1Passwordanywhere

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It's possible there is an character encoding issue if your Master Password contains any accented characters or "unusual" symbols. If that's the case, please try changing your Master Password to something with only letters, numbers, and the symbols on the keyboard (e.g. ~!@#$%^&*()_+-=). If that helps, I would presume that to be the issue then.

Please let me know how it goes.

• SawbonzDO
    SawbonzDO
    Community Member

My password only includes letters and the symbols you mentioned. Just for kicks I changed it without success.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Do you have more than one data file in your Dropbox account? Or perhaps even more than one Dropbox account?

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• SawbonzDO
    SawbonzDO
    Community Member

I do have a 1Password folder and a 1PW folder (I'm not sure how that happened). Only one Dropbox account. I have sent a diagnostic report, and look forward to hearing how to fix this. Thank.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2013

Thanks for sending the Diagnostics Report, @SawbonzDO. We will continue to work with you via email until everything is resolved. :)

ZBM-17687-522

This discussion has been closed.