1password3 won't save anymore - getting following error message

Community Member
edited June 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Exception: The encryption keys file does not exist at 'file://localhost/Users/mather_gary/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/1password.keys'

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2013

I wrote a completely different post before realizing that you may be referring to something completely different than I first suspected.

Can you tell me where you are seeing that error? Is it in your browser? Or is it a window from the main 1Password application? Please post a screenshot so I can confirm. You can post the image on any image hosting service and then link to it from here, or if you're not sure how to do that you could email it to us:

support@ agilebits .com

Here are instructions for creating a screenshot:

http://www.take-a-screenshot.org

• cjoshea
    cjoshea
    Community Member

Hello, I'm getting the same message plus one other. The first is: AGDatabaseError: Exception: The encryption keys file does not exist at 'file://localhost/Users/chuckoshea/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/1password.keys' The second is about backup: The message: 1PasswordAgent wants to use your confidential information stored in 1Passwd Master Password in your keychain. Do you want to allow access to this item? I say, Always Allow. but it pops right back up (about every 3 or 4 seconds - very annoying). It is also covering the back up message error. This is what I think it says: Backup Database Failed. 1Password: The 1Password database could not be backed up. The database exists but is invalid. One or more key files may be missing.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm so sorry that you are running into two problems at the same time, @cjoshea. We have support articles for both of them which will walk you through the resolution of each of them in turn:

1PasswordAgent.app wants to use your confidential information stored in "1Passwd Master Password"

and

Error: Database Backup Failed

• sthoppil
    sthoppil
    Community Member

i am missing the '1password.keys' and 'encryptionKeys.js in my dropbox and get the database backup failed message continuously. i cannot login into 1pswed application on my desktop either and get encrytion error:The encryption keys file does not exist at 'file://localhost/Users/ubritmi/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/1passw

i cannot perform any of the help suggestions you have provided

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013

Hi @sthoppil,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having trouble with 1Password right now. Did you try Safety Net #3 in the Error: Database Backup Failed post? It suggests:

if you are backing up in Dropbox, you can restore your files there. Dropbox keeps a 30-day history of each file uploaded, so if you need to revert to an earlier version you can.

This should help you restore the '1Password.keys' and 'encryptionkeys.js', even if you can't currently log in to the main app.

Please let me know if this helps at all!

Edit: Please note that I have removed your duplicate post in the Android forum, just to avoid confusion.

This discussion has been closed.