Trouble with tdbank.com Login

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password Anywhere, autotype, the MAS and TD Bank.

Comments

• helpmehelpu
    helpmehelpu
    Community Member

After using 1Password to log on to TD Bank for several years, now it is not working, and your recommended steps above also do not seem to work. And I have no idea how to get it to work.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @helpmehelpu,

I split your post from that other sprawling thread in order to give you the personal attention you deserve. I hope you don't mind. Here are the steps I just performed (again) to get a working TD Bank Login item.

1. Visit the site's login page: https://onlinebanking.tdbank.com
    2. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. It looks like you will need to manually enter the username in the details at this point. TD Bank has coded the site in such a way to make the automatic capture of it difficult for 1Password.
    5. Step 4 is important, so please do not skip it. I'll repeat it here: It looks like you will need to manually enter the username in the details at this point. TD Bank has coded the site in such a way to make the automatic capture of it difficult for 1Password.
    6. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    7. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login at:

https://onlinebanking.tdbank.com

Manually saving a new Login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

If you are still having trouble, please try disabling autosubmit for that Login and let me know if that resolves the issue. It looks like autosubmit may need to be disabled, but I don't have an account there. I was not able to verify autosubmit because of this.

I hope that helps. If you're still having trouble, could you please describe in as much detail as possible the steps you are taking, and what you are [not] seeing happen? With some additional information from you we can then provide you with specific assistance.

This discussion has been closed.