Extension database not available in prerelease Safari 6.1 build

Options
dmilith
dmilith
Community Member
edited July 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have constantly this message on both my Safari 6.1 (from connect.apple.com) and latest Chrome.
I CAN'T use 1password anywhere, the only thing I see are:
http://s.verknowsys.com/f8eed5ac3644fdc1d79795cc5733febc2c9f8942.jpg
from console side: http://s.verknowsys.com/5a72a4127d0e7c1ab76bbe17494cc4ec09abe282.jpg

I tried:
1. rebooting machine
2. restarting mac
3. clearing cache (both mac and browser)
4. uninstalling, reinstalling software.

NOTHING HELPS!!!
I didn't pay 80 bucks to have such problems!

Comments

• dmilith
    dmilith
    Community Member
    Options

1password worked properly on Sunday. Stopped working on monday after systtem wake up. Please note that I'm advanced user, and don't spam me with ideas I already tried. My machine is Mac pro, System 10.8.4.

• dmilith
    dmilith
    Community Member
    Options

One more info: 1password application is working properly, but even from app side I'm unable to log in on my sites..

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2013
    Options

Hi @dmilith,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. Only the current stable versions of browsers are supported, and as you mentioned you are running a prerelease version of Safari.

1Password supports the stable builds of Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. While we can't guarantee that 1Password will work with Beta, Dev, Nightly, Canary, or other birds or browsers, we make every effort to maintain compatibility as browsers go through their various development and release cycles. Sometimes, a change comes along in a prerelease browser build that requires a change in the 1Password extension. If you're on the bleeding edge of browser releases, there may be a time when 1Password isn't compatible with the latest and greatest non-stable release of your favorite browser.

Rest assured, we monitor the development of Safari, Chrome, and Firefox very closely. We vigorously test each release for 1Password compatibility. We always recommend using the stable releases of each browser, particularly if you don't want to use a beta version of the 1Password extension or experience temporary incompatibilities. In general, prerelease browser builds are for testing new features and ensuring compatibility rather than daily browsing. For instance, we test development versions of browsers so we can be sure 1Password will be compatible as the release moves through beta and into the stable channel.

Please know we're working on the issue in Safari 6.1 and we'll have an update (usually a beta first) to restore compatibility when (or before) it is released.

We should be able to resolve things for you in Chrome if you are having the same problem there, but I didn't think this error message existed in the Chrome extension.

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.