1Password Extension Now Crashing Safari 6.0.5 (ML 10.8.4) On Application Open

Options

Hi,

Is anyone else seeing an issue with the 1Password extension (v3.9.18) in Safari v6.0.5 (installed as part of 10.8.4 update for Mountain Lion). Mine now crashes every time I launch Safari. I deleted the extension from the Safari\Extensions folder and it opened just fine. Redownloaded and installed it again from the AgileBits website and then it crashed Safari and then I'm back where I started. Clearly Apple messed with something in this version of Safari as it was working fine not that long ago. I can provide the html file from the Troubleshooting program if it will help.

Regards,
John.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

It shouldn't be possible for a sandboxed browser extension to crash Safari. That's the whole point of the sandboxing. However, it's possible there is a bug in Safari.

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.