Fill and Submit requires explicit command

Options
olluz
olluz
Community Member
edited July 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Dear madam or sir,

I'm considering moving from LastPass to 1Password and therefore are test-driving your trial at the moment.
For most of the sites auto-submit is not working although the feature is enabled in the settings.

• OS Windows 7 Prof. 64bit
  • Chrome version: 27.0.1453.116 m
  • Extension version: 3.9.18.90

Autosubmit for all of the sites work in LastPass without any problems. Is there something I am doing wrong?
I have disabled all of the installed Chrome extensions to make sure they are not the root cause.
But still: Autosubmit is not working.

Manually submitting the login (by clicking 'Fill and submit login') works.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Best regards,

Oliver

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for using 1Password, Oliver. :)

Apologies for any confusion, but 1Password will never fill or submit a Login without your explicit command. Some browser password managers will automatically fill your credentials as soon as the page loads. We don't think this is ideal since you may have more than one account on the site or simply don't want to log in. 1Password puts you in control instead of the software.

To log in after loading a page simply select the Login item from the "Fill and Submit Login" section in the 1Password extension popup. Or — better yet and much faster — just press CTRL+\ on your keyboard to log into any site.

If you prefer to use the Go & Fill feature, you can select a Login from the "Open Login in…" section at the bottom of the 1Password extension popup. Then your explicit command to fill and submit the Login is coupled with the command to go to the site. Two birds with one stone as they say. :)

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Cheers!

• olluz
    olluz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi khad,

thanks a lot for the fast and comprehensive reply.

The feature makes much more sense now.
    I do like 1Password so far, but honestly:
    I really do like the Autofill & Submit feature of Lastpass.

You are right for some sites you have more than one account, but still you could configure if and which account to autofill & submit.

I can live with manually submitting logins or pressing CTRL+\, but you might consider a feature request for the mentioned autofill & submit.

Thanks again.

Best regards,
    Oliver

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I will certainly pass your feature request along to the developers. Thanks for letting us know you would be interested in this, Oliver! :)

This discussion has been closed.