JavaScript errors when attempting to manually add a Login on virginamerica.com

Options
martinreddy
martinreddy
Community Member
edited July 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I've seen several cases where clicking the Logins > Add button does nothing in the 1Password browser extension. This happens in both the Chrome and Safari extensions. The following steps provide a reproducible case:

1. Open Chrome and select View > Developer > JavaScript Console
  2. Go to http://www.virginamerica.com/
  3. Open the 1Password extension
  4. Press the Logins > Add button

Observe the following output in the JavaScript debugger:

Error in event handler for 'undefined': Cannot read property 'form' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'form' of undefined
    at d (chrome-extension://hdmbinomkfhmgknkoicejolfdfjeajmk/data/src/end.min.js:17:434)
    at Object.R (chrome-extension://hdmbinomkfhmgknkoicejolfdfjeajmk/data/src/end.min.js:23:36)
    at Ta (chrome-extension://hdmbinomkfhmgknkoicejolfdfjeajmk/data/src/end.min.js:35:56)
    at chrome-extension://hdmbinomkfhmgknkoicejolfdfjeajmk/data/src/end.min.js:45:372
    at Event.dispatchToListener (event_bindings:356:21)
    at Event.dispatch_ (event_bindings:342:27)
    at Event.dispatch (event_bindings:362:17)
    at miscellaneous_bindings:165:24
    at Event.dispatchToListener (event_bindings:356:21)
    at Event.dispatch_ (event_bindings:342:27)  

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'll mention this to the devs to see if I can get some more details, but AFAIK those are simply errors. There is no crash.

I know for a fact that the Virgin America site has always been a little…special when it comes to the way the site is coded. :-/

• martinreddy
    martinreddy
    Community Member
    Options

Perhaps the errors are a red herring. The important thing that I'm reporting is that the Add Login feature is broken on several sites for both the Chrome and Safari extensions (I've not tested the Firefox one). This is not just on the Virgin America site. For example, it's broken on Google's login page too:

1. Go to https://accounts.google.com/login
    2. Open the 1Password browser extension
    3. Click on the "+" button on the Logins page

Nothing happens. And in this case I get no JS errors.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I agree that the specific errors may be a red herring, but there is definitely a problem with the Virgin America site. There has been one problem or another with it for as long as I can remember. We looked at it briefly, and somehow, OPFormManager thinks the fields that are in the login form belong to a form even though that seems to not be the case at all. This is one that really wants some more investigation to see why that is as this could be a subtle bug.

I couldn't reproduce any trouble on the Google login page, though. I know it is completely unscientific, but could you try quitting and relaunching your browser and see if you are able to reproduce the problem there? I tested Safari, Firefox, and Chrome and was able to add a Login manually from the https://accounts.google.com/login page.

This discussion has been closed.