Where is right click auto-fill menu on Chrome/Mac?

Options

Mac OS X 10.8.4
Chrome extension 1Password 3.9.18.90

This may be a feature that 1Password does not have but I seem to remember being able to do this.
When I go to a form on the web that I have not saved in 1Password, I thought I used to be able to fill the form by either:
1. typing a few letters of my name in the name field and 1Password would offer to complete the form fill for me.
2. by right clicking, I could get a list of my identities that I could use to complete filling in the form.

I can no longer do this. Or was this ability ever there? I know some of the other password fill apps have this ability, why can't I access this using 1Password extension?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cymemptor,

Different browsers have different extension APIs, so what is possible in one browser may not be possible in another. It is possible to fill a Login or open the extension popup via the contextual menu in Chrome, though.

typing a few letters of my name in the name field and 1Password would offer to complete the form fill for me.

If you mean typing letters into the web form itself, 1Password has never done this. But all you need to do is press ⌘\ on your keyboard to log in to a site where you have a Login saved. :)

Also, if you press ⌥⌘\ the extension popup will open. Then you can simply begin typing to search your Login items. Press Return to select one. There are some other keyboard shortcuts as well.

When I go to a form on the web that I have not saved in 1Password, I thought I used to be able to fill the form by either…

I'm not sure how 1Password or anything else could fill in a login form for you if you don't have a Login item saved, though.

by right clicking, I could get a list of my identities that I could use to complete filling in the form

At this time Identities are not available for filling via the contextual menu. Only Login items are available in the contextual menu, but I will pass your feature request along to the developers.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with. I'd be more than happy to.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.