Updates to main app and extension and new major release

Options
kevwil
kevwil
Community Member
edited July 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I haven't received an update in forever, so I went into the app store to see if I had the latest version. I have 3.9.6, the latest MAS version, which was released a year ago next week. The version from the AgileBits website has had a few updates since then.

Is the MAS version perfect? Is it falling behind the AgileBits website version?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It's the calm before the storm of awesome. ;)

1Password 4 for Mac is coming – sign up for our newsletter, save the world (from bad passwords)

The updates to the version of 1Password on our website addressed issues that only existed in that version. They weren't new features or anything like that. 1Password 3.8 from our website and 3.9 from the Mac App Store are still essentially identical. They have different version numbers primarily so that we can easily tell the different distribution channels apart.

Also note that the browser extensions are used by some folks more than the main app, and they are updated independently from the main application. This gives us a lot more flexibility since we don't need to submit extension updates to Apple for approval on the App Store. So all the many extension updates over that same time period don't show up in the App Store description. On average there was an update every month. And that doesn't count all the work that has been going into 1Password 4 behind the scenes to get it ready for its big debut soon.

All Mac App Store copies of 1Password come with a free upgrade to 1Password 4 for Mac when available. It's great now, and it will be even greater later. If you want to stay abreast of all the latest 1Password 4 news and even get access to the beta, there is a link to sign up for the beta newsletter in the blog post I shared above.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers!

• kevwil
    kevwil
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.