1Password 4 on iOS6, 1Password 3 on iOS5, and v3.9.6 on Mac

Options
irvlustig
irvlustig
Community Member

I currently have an original iPad, and it can't be upgraded to 1Password4 because the original iPad can't be upgraded to iOS6. I've read the threads that say you can "restore" the 1Password 3 version once you purchase 1Password 4. I'm using iTunes to manage my apps, so will I be able to set things up within iTunes so that 1Password 3 gets loaded on my iPad (since it can't run iOS 6),1Password4 will run on my iPhone 4S using iOS6, and all of this will work correctly with v3.9.6 running on my Mac using DropBox syncing.

I really wish you'd support 1Password4 on iOS5, as my original iPad works great, but Apple decided to not support iOS6 on it!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are correct that everything will sync via Dropbox between all supported platforms and versions. :)

It would be nice if Apple went back to previous versions of iOS and added all the new features and APIs from the new version, but then the old version would become the new version and there would be no need to do that. :)

There are iCloud API improvements in iOS 6 and also the new UICollectionView and UIActivityView classes that 1Password 4 is using that simply don't exist prior to iOS 6. There are other reasons as well, but those are just a couple of the specific classes that 1Password 4 requires and iOS 5 does not provide.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.