1P shout out from Tumblr

Options
Calion
Calion
Community Member
edited July 2013 in Lounge

I received this message from Tumblr last Friday:

As you may have read on the Tumblr Staff blog, we just released a very important security update for our iPhone and iPad apps. The update addresses an issue that allowed passwords to be intercepted on local networks in some versions of the app.

Please download this update now.

You should also change your password on Tumblr and anywhere else you may have been using the same password. It's good practice to use different passwords across different services by using an app like 1Password or LastPass.

Please know that we take your security very seriously and are tremendously sorry for this lapse and inconvenience.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We never enjoy this kind of news, but it can be a wake up call for some. Any time folks begin using unique passwords for every site it is a win for security. :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Certainly can't complain!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

There are indeed a lot of plans I can't divulge. I have a hunch you will like what we're cooking up. ;)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Oooh, seamless integration between the OS services and 1P...that would be sweet. No, I know you cannot confirm or deny.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'll be demoted from Social Choreographer to Social Pariah if I say anything more. :D

This discussion has been closed.