Trouble with SqWebMail Login

khad
khad
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: How To: Manually save a Login in the browser.

Comments

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

I have a similar problem when using SQwebmail. However when I fill in the user name and password and click on the Ipassword button on the tool bsr there is no + button in the top right hand corner and the save login is greyed out. Any thoughts?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Here is a screenshot of the Chrome extension which is what the original post is about. Are you not seeing this?

Or are you perhaps using Internet Explorer? If so, the extension is different. Click the "Save Login" button instead.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

I use IE and as I mentioned in my post the Save Login button is greyed out

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

My sincere apologies for having missed that in your previous post. What is the URL where the "Save Login" button is disabled for you? Does it become available to you on, for example, the Amazon.com login page?

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

The web site I was having a problem with the other day is the log in page for SQwebmail: http://64.40.145.252/cgi-bin/sqwebmail?index=1

However tonight it is working and I was able to save it into 1password.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Also to answer your question, I have never had a problem with Amazon.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Ah! Thanks for the URL. I'm not seeing a problem there either, but please let me know if it recurs. We'd be happy to investigate further if necessary.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

I have subscribed to the Ipad/Iphone app and this log in http://64.40.145.252/cgi-bin/sqwebmail?index=1 which works on my PC does not work at all there. I double click on the URL and it brings up the log in page but does not fill in either the user id or the password.

There are other sites with which I have a problem on my PC and one of them is this forum. When I click on the 1Password button on my tool bar and select Login with Agilebits it opens up the web site but does not log me in. It doesn't even show the log in page. I have to click on Login then I have click on the 1Password button again and again click on login with Agilebits: then it works. I have read "Create a login item for the web browser" and noted the suggestion that we enter the url for the log in page but agilebits doesn't have a separate login url it merely has http://discussions.agilebits.com/categories/1password-windows. So I'm not sure what to do. It is a similar but not identical process on the Ipad. Can you help?

I'll not bore you with the other sites because I suspect the solution for one might fit them all.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

I've just browsed the Agile lounge and lo and behold my issue with the Agilebits website was there. I have copied the URL into 1Password and now it works well.

I still have the other issues.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

The problem with that specific SqWebMail login page is that it contains a frame. On iOS frames are not accessible to 1Password via the UIWebView Apple provides. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer, but you might find success using this URL which simply foregoes the frame:

http://64.40.145.252/cgi-bin/sqwebmail?noframes=1

Please let me know how that URL works for you.

Thanks!

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

I copied that into both PC and Ipad and it works perfectly. Thank you. For Agilebits you added /entry/login to the domain name. Can I do that to other uncooperative sites or does each need a specific treatment?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Each site will need "special treatment" since the login page can be somewhere different on every site. There isn't really a standard for it.

I'm glad that works, though! Please let me know if you ever have any other trouble. :)

This discussion has been closed.