Localisation in 1password extension installer website

Hi,

at least in Germany, it's "Cmd+#" to fill out forms, so a localization at least for the keystroke would be great. ;-)

Comments

• roustemroustem AgileBits Founder

Team Member

You suggest that we map the keyboard shortcut to ⌘# instead of ⌘\ if the system language is German?

• no, the keyboard shortcut actually is mapped to command # in German yet you never explicetly advertise this shortcut to German users ;-) So instead of saying "cmd backslash" which is just horrible on a german keyboard and even more unclear on a Mac one, advertise cmd #

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi @liconutowas,

That's because we didn't know it was already mapped, it doesn't sound like we have any code that does this in the background. It was supposed to be "Command + \" for everybody, regardless of locale. We've gotten emails asking how to change the keyboard shortcut to the German's layout.

If you open the main 1Password app, unlock, go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > General, what does it show for the Fill Login on current web page?

• well, cmd-backslash is just plain horrible on a german keyboard. That wouldn't work at all (really).

Team Member

Just to be clear, you've never changed it manually in the Prefs?

• I honestly can't remember that. I didn't change it in 1password 4 though. That's where I'm 100 % certain. Just not sure about 1p 3

Team Member

We'll investigate this and if German OS X did change it, we'll try localizing our extension pages.

Thank you for reporting this!

This discussion has been closed.