md5sum for beta releases

McCabeMcCabe
edited July 2013 in 1Password 6 Beta

Hi,
I received the beta invite a few minutes ago and have downloaded the application zip from rink.hockeyapp.net and was thinking it would be preferable if an md5 hash of the zip could be included in the release notes on the site here, given the sensitivity of the data we store in 1Password I'd rather be extra careful when downloading binaries from a domain that isn't agilebits.com.
All the best,
John

Comments

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi John,

We'll look into it. For now, what you can do is run the co-design check on the app itself with this command:

codesign -vvv /Applications/1Password\ 4.app/

• Is that even possible? Aren't the builds user-specific through HockeyApp?

• Force once I don't like very much the idea to enforce code signing on the beta I download; it runs anyway without the need to put Gatekeeper in the "all allowed" mode. That said, by way of little snitch I do not allow any connection from 1P4 beta, I don't feel comfortable for it to phone at hockeyapp.

Team Member

Hi guys,

Mark, no, it's the same zip file for everybody. We'll file a request with HockeyApp to add hashes to their download screen.

@wifisycner, I understand. The outgoing connections via HockeyApp are for the auto-update and for submitting reports. Once an update is requested, it'll download at the zip files from HockeyApp.

When 1Password 4 is officially released, HockeyApp will maintain mostly for crash reporting.

Team Member

Hi guys,

HockeyApp is now starting to add the md5 hashes to the download page, so expect to see it on the next update.

Thanks for bringing this up!

This discussion has been closed.