ios4: Failed to save - database disk image is malformed

Howdy. Running into an issue syncing my iPhone4 1Password app with Dropbox.

Setup:
Macbook Pro running 10.6.4 with 1password 3.3.0 (build 30700) and Dropbox 0.7.110

syncing to an iPad (running 3.2.1) over Dropbox has no issues.

syncing to an iPhone (running 4.0.1) over Dropbox starts fine and then runs into issues. The error thrown is "Failed to Save database disk image is malformed. The sync then stops there.

Any ideas? Apologies if this is a duplicate bug, but searching for 'malformed' returned nothing on the boards.

Thanks
Raj

Comments

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    Hi Raj,

Sorry for the trouble that you've run into. Can you remove and then reinstall 1Password on to your iPhone? To remove it, just press and hold until it (and everything else) starts to wiggle. Then tap the red X. You will need to confirm that you wish to remove it along with all its data from your phone.

To reinstall it, when you sync with iTunes, select your iPhone under DEVICES and then go to the Apps tab. Then check the box by 1Password. It will be reinstalled the next time you sync with iTunes.

I'm sorry for the extra hassle, but this remove and reinstall should clean things up. Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

-j
  • Ken Brucker
    Ken Brucker
    Community Member
    I just ran into this same issue more than a year after initial report. What causes this corruption? Now waiting for 1700 updates to download to see if re-install addresses the issue.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2011
    I'm sorry to hear you had this same issue. From my understanding it is an iOS issue which we don't have control over. :S

Please let me know how reinstallation works for you.
This discussion has been closed.