Missing usernames from Login items

I was just going thru some of my old Login items that I have not used recently and on several of them, the username is missing. Was there a problem with prior releases that lost information from Login items ? There were several and I know I would not edit Logins to get rid of that information. Now, I have to contact each site to see what my Username is.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

What is the URL stored in those Login items? Would it happen to be the URL of the page on the site where you change/update your password?

• hershey
    hershey
    Community Member

That is possible. I will look at that. Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Please let me know what you find, @hershey. I'd love to get to the bottom of this.

• hershey
    hershey
    Community Member

I do find myself sitting in "change your password" sections of those web sites. So, yes, you nailed it !
    Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Yeah, my guess is that you saved a new Login item when changing the password(s) replacing the original which included the username. Since there is not normally a username field on a page where you change a password, 1Password couldn't record that information from the data you filled on the page. We have improvements coming to this in the future, but for now we recommend following the steps in the User Guide to change a password so you never have this problem. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.