1-click auto-login with 1PASSWORDanywhere

stephen-m
stephen-m
Community Member
edited August 2010 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
is it possible?
1Password has a link for each login item that, with a single click, routes me to that website's login screen and automatically logs me in. With 1PasswordAnywhere, however, I haven't found a similar feature. Instead, with 1P-anywhere, I've been navigating to a particular login page in a new browser window, then switching back and forth between the login page and the 1P-anywhere page to first copy and paste the username, then to copy and paste the password.

When I'm away from home, I'm happy to have access to my passwords via 1P-anywhere. But I'd also like to be able to use 1P-anywhere the same way that I use 1Password: click once in 1P-anywhere, and be automatically signed-in to an account in a new browser window.

If this functionality already exists in 1P-anywhere, I'll be happy to hear it. If not, consider this a feature request.

Stephen

Comments

• Carl
    Carl
    Community Member
    stephen-m wrote:

1Password has a link for each login item that, with a single click, routes me to that website's login screen and automatically logs me in. With 1PasswordAnywhere, however, I haven't found a similar feature. Instead, with 1P-anywhere, I've been navigating to a particular login page in a new browser window, then switching back and forth between the login page and the 1P-anywhere page to first copy and paste the username, then to copy and paste the password.

When I'm away from home, I'm happy to have access to my passwords via 1P-anywhere. But I'd also like to be able to use 1P-anywhere the same way that I use 1Password: click once in 1P-anywhere, and be automatically signed-in to an account in a new browser window.

If this functionality already exists in 1P-anywhere, I'll be happy to hear it. If not, consider this a feature request.

Stephen

I'm not seeing a way to do it either. Pretty sure that functionality was there in the distant past though.

On another note, I am only seeing one view option in 1pA which happens to be the one I despise in the main app.

My opinion on views in main app:

m.png

:)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    1Click Login would be a great feature to have in 1PasswordAnywhere! There may be issues implementing it in HTML though. 1Password for Mac loads the page and then fills in the information. I am not a developer but don't know of a way to implement this outside of a desktop client. For some form data a POST method may be used but then your pasword would have to be sent in the clear as part of the URL I believe. For example, passing a URL like
    http://www.domain.com/login.html?user=myusername&password=lousypassword

could work for some sites but not all. You would be dealing with that URL containing your cleartext password, though.
This discussion has been closed.