"Please enter your master password for data in Dropbox. Your data will be merged."

Options
ijustinj
ijustinj
Community Member
edited September 2013 in iOS

Using the current version of 1 PW Mac and mobile.

My wife and I both have 1PW with our own data files. I use it to sync to my Mac, iPad and iPhone. She just to her Mac and iPhone.
Both of our keychains are located in our own folders as in ~Drobbox/1 Password "me" and ~Dropbox/1 Password "her" respectively.

The issue is with my sync. Sees Mac and iPhone sync always work but I often have iPad sync issues. The red exclamation point icon pops up by Dropbox telling me to "Tap to fix." Then I get this popup: "Please enter your master password for data in Dropbox. Your data will be merged."

What is that password? Tried my 1PW password, my Dropbox password and it won't take it. Totally stumped. The hint that I am given does not help.
What can I do and how do I prevent this moving forward?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Only one data file is supported per Dropbox account. My guess is that the .ws.agile.1Password.settings file was overwritten with the location of the other data file. You'll need to make sure that there is only one 1Password.agilekeychain in your entire Dropbox account.

• ijustinj
    ijustinj
    Community Member
    edited September 2013
    Options

Ok, understood but as I said, the data files (.agileekeychain) are each in their own folders. My wife's 1pw syncs fine as do my Mac and iPhone. So I doubt this is an issue. But...there is one .settings file at the Dropbox root and as stated in my orig post we each have our own keychain in their own folder at the location given.

The main question was not answered. See my orig post starting at "The issue is with my sync." Regarding the password that is being requested.

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    Options

@ijustinj—

Are you saying that each of you keeps your keychain in your own Dropbox account, or that both of you keep your keychains in a single, joint Dropbox account?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2013
    Options

@ijustinj,

Do you have one Dropbox account with two data files in it? If so, that is the problem. Only one data file per Dropbox account is supported. It doesn't matter if the dat files are in different folders. If they are in the same Dropbox account you will have trouble. Please make sure you only have one data file in your Dropbox account. The contents of the .ws.agile.1Password.settings file need to show the correct location of the one and only data file in your Dropbox account.

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report? That will show us exactly what the problem is.

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.