Domains updated?

Hi,

I'm regularly getting Growl notifications on one of my Macs that say:

domains updated
"domains" was updated to the latest version. (click to view)

Clicking on that notification reveals ~/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain/config/domains.

I'm used to getting update notifications when I update something or create a new entry in 1Password on my other Mac, but these "domain updated" notifications pop up even when I'm not using 1Password at all.

So I'm wondering what is causing these updates.

This started relatively recently but I'm not sure exactly when. I'm currently running the version 3.3.1 build #30709 but I also use to run the beta builds (I just got notified of the 30720).

Cheers,

Philippe

Comments

• I'm seeing the same issue. I've got 4 machines using the same 1Password keychain and I haven't noticed any correlation between the message and any interaction I'm having with my computers at the moment. Any ideas what could be causing this? Doesn't seem to be hurting anything, but still, I'd like to know what's going on.

-E
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hi earache,

Welcome to the forums! The 1Password.agilekeychain/config/domains file stores the domain equivalency rules which are hard-coded (i.e. not customizable) at the moment. An example of this would be any login for agile.ws can be used with agilewebsolutions.com as well.

Please make sure you are running the same version — latest is 3.4.4 — on all your Macs. Otherwise, they will fight to keep changing that file as there are updated lists in newer versions of 1Password.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Cheers!
  • I have just started to get these growl messages as well.
    I have updated 1Password to the latest version on all my machines.
    It only seems to apply to Firefox v3.6.16 and only on one machine.
    I have updated Firefox to v3.6.16 on all machines, but it only happens on one of them (iMac 24 2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)
    All Macs running 10.6.7

Mystery?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, jammin!

I'm not sure what you mean when you say this problem only applies to Firefox 3.6.16. The "domains" file is stored in your data file independently of the browser you use, so your browser usage should not be related.

Can you tell me specifically which versions of 1Password you are running on your machines?

Please try rebuilding your data file in 1Password on only one of your Macs (Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File…) and let Dropbox sync the rebuilt data file to your other Mac(s).

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • winnall
    winnall
    Community Member
    I've just seen this message too.

How is this file updated? I do not recall having given any program permission to do this. When new versions of 1Password are available, I'm normally asked if I want to install them, which is how it should be. Why doesn't this happen here?

Unexplained happenings in my security software make me very wary and cost time as I investigate them.

Steve
  • bswins
    edited June 2011
    Hello Steve.

Thanks for letting us know that you've seen the Growl domain update message. It's been a while since I've seen this issue was reported.

Personally, I have not been able to replicate the issue, but it is obvious that some users do experience the notifications.

As Khad stated in an earlier post:

The 1Password.agilekeychain/config/domains file stores the domain equivalency rules which are hard-coded (i.e. not customizable) at the moment.

Would you please navigate to that location and look at the Last Modified date? On my system, the file was last updated on 04/05/11. (I'm using the latest 1P Beta version: 3.6.0-40)

To help us investigate further, please reply and let us know the current version(s) you are using for:

OS X
    1Password
    Browser(s)

In addition, if you are using Dropbox, how many and what kinds of devices do you sync?

Unexplained happenings in my security software make me more than a little wary...they make me quite paranoid!

I look forward to hearing back from you with more details regarding your current setup.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hi Steve,

As I said above, please make sure you are running the same version — latest is 3.5.9 — on all your Macs. Otherwise, they will fight to keep changing that file as there are updated lists in different versions of 1Password.

If you are already running the exact same version of 1Password on all your Macs, please try rebuilding your data file in 1Password on only one of your Macs (Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File…) and let Dropbox sync the rebuilt data file to your other Mac(s).

These steps were outlined above. Please let me know if you have attempted them already and if you are still having trouble. If so, there may be a deeper permissions issue going on.
This discussion has been closed.