Two feature requests for furter updates

JuliusH
JuliusH
Community Member
Hi!

I really like your iPhone app! Two proposals:

1. It would be great, if even with enabled "conceal passwords" you could make passwords somehow visible for a moment (for example with double-tapping). Right now you either have to diable the option or use the workaround over "edit".

2. I sorted my passwords in several folder. I'd like to insert a shortcut of a specific folder in the navigation bar (not only the "folder" shortcut).

What do you think about that?
Julius

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    JuliusH wrote:

It would be great, if even with enabled "conceal passwords" you could make passwords somehow visible for a moment (for example with double-tapping). Right now you either have to diable the option or use the workaround over "edit".

Agreed, and I'd like the same functionality in the desktop app. It's more convenient to temporary hide/reveal passwords (and other concealed fields) in SplashID.
  • sjk wrote:

Agreed, and I'd like the same functionality in the desktop app. It's more convenient to temporary hide/reveal passwords (and other concealed fields) in SplashID.

In 1Password for Mac — hold Option key.

The "Reveal" option is also available the iPad application, we'll try to get it implemented in the iPhone app as well.
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    roustem wrote:

I should have known that. (doh)
    Perfect - thanks!

The "Reveal" option is also available the iPad application, we'll try to get it implemented in the iPhone app as well.

Cool!
  • Lzrman38
    Lzrman38
    Community Member
    1) I'd like to see the iPad app have the Folders icon listed in the menu bar on the left. It's in the iPhone app but not the iPad. I use the folders to organize the entries I have put in Wallet. Without them it's hard to navigate, especially since I don't see a way to use Tags in either the iPhone or the iPad.

2) I'm transferring a bunch of entries from SplashID to 1Password. I know you guys are working on more formats and want to add my 2¢ to speeding that up with a customizable format. The ability to customize the field names in SplashID is a great feature. I'm having to do weird things in the transfer to deal with the limited formats. I mostly use "Memberships" and then put lots of stuff in Notes so I can figure out what the entries mean. Not very efficient. I want to quit using SplashID … I like 1Password MUCH better … but the transfer is painful.

The ability to sync with DropBox was key to my decision to move everything. Thanks for a great product!!!!
  • JuliusH
    JuliusH
    Community Member
    edited August 2010
    roustem wrote:

Great! As there is no option key on the iPhone, the password could be revealed with a gesture (e.g. put three fingers on the screen!). Just something that came up into my mind...
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Lzrman38 wrote:

I'm transferring a bunch of entries from SplashID to 1Password.

You might want to start a new thread about your SplashID issues/suggestions, or add to one of the older ones, so it's not "lost" here.
  • roustem wrote:

Hi, and where in the "User Guide" appears those things?

Great app, now I can't do normal web browsing without 1P, but you would improve the User Guides ;)

Manolo.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Welcome to the forums, Manolo! :-)

Great app, now I can't do normal web browsing without 1P…

Thanks for the kind words. We are just thrilled that you love 1Password so much!

Controlling the password visibility

The "Reveal" option is also available the iPad application

It does appear that this is not in the user guide, but tapping on a concealed password will pop up a menu with "Copy" and "Reveal" both listed. While this sort of edit menu is a standard iOS feature, it would certainly be nice to include it in our user guide. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

We are always here to help!
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    khad wrote:

But where did you start from to get there? ;)

I don't have a clear roadmap or bird's eye view of 1P support resources that might help help to navigate them more thoroughly, leaving me wonder if I'm overlooking documented tidbits of value.

-sjk
  • MikeT
    edited April 2011
    sjk wrote:

But where did you start from to get there? ;)

I don't have a clear roadmap or bird's eye view of 1P support resources that might help help to navigate them more thoroughly, leaving me wonder if I'm overlooking documented tidbits of value.

-sjk
    Hi Sjk,

From here: http://help.agile.ws...word3/faqs.html
    It is linked as "[font="Helvetica,"]My passwords show up as bullets. How do I see them?"[/font]
  • Manolo
    edited April 2011
    Thanks, khad, for the welcome and for your help.

Obviously the User Guide is now more complete than when I visited it when I started using 1P some time ago (Have I stated that I can´t live without it..?)

Actually I came here the other night looking at how to use the Autosave feature in 1P Touch Pro at my iPad, because I'm a newbie in iOS.
    So I started reading the forum forward from the end, because I could not find it in the iPad's guide.

At last I understood that it was impossible to achieve it. So I think it would be very interesting to improve the integrated browser to accomplish the autosave.

This time I leaved the iPad and ran to the MBP to Autosave my login here, at the forum, to sync it later with the iPad... :lol:

Manolo.
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    MikeT wrote:

That explains why I didn't spot the link on the FAQs page while only looking for the "Controlling the password visibility" page title text from the link khad posted. :)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    At last I understood that it was impossible to achieve it. So I think it would be very interesting to improve the integrated browser to accomplish the autosave.

Unfortunately, this is true. Apple does not allow iOS developers to integrate with other apps (including Mobile Safari).

This time I leaved the iPad and ran to the MBP to Autosave my login here, at the forum, to sync it later with the iPad...

If you are syncing with 1Password on your desktop this is the best option. I am not always near my Mac when I need to add a login, but for the few times that I need to do this on my iPad, I usually re-save it on my Mac later. I actually have a "Low Security" Smart Folder which lists all the items I have created on my iOS devices so I can change the security level to "High" and update the login if needed. :-)

I hope that doesn't add to the confusion. If so, just ignore me. :lol:
This discussion has been closed.