1Password Firefox Plugin: Need to see username in the logins list

Options

Because my wife and I share our 1Pass DB, we have multiple logins for the same accounts -- e.g. Gmail. Originally we named each login "Gmail" since in the app selecting a login shows the login details such as username. However, the firefox plugin's UI doesn't support this use case very well. All I can see in the login list is the login name with no way to determine username goes to which account. There seems to be only two ways around it, neither of which is very good:

1. Append a username to the title of each login. This, IMO, makes for an ugly UI since you are already entering the username elsewhere in the app
  2. Tap on the > arrow to go into the login details screen for each login until you find the right one, verify the username, exit the details screen and then tap on the login to launch a new browser window.

The easiest solution to this would be to display the username below each login title in the login list.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I’ll pass your feature request along to the developers. Thanks for your feedback! :)

For now, your proposal (1) above is what I recommend.

• Kirualex
    Kirualex
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I'm upping this feature request to be for Chrome also.
    When you have multiple accounts on gmail for instance, it isn't really helpful to have 2 "accounts.google.com" items showing up in 1PasswordMini. You know damn well on which site you are signing in, what you need to see is the login to use (something lastpass does pretty well).

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Kirualex! As Khad confirms above, you can always rename items with ugly and too-similar names like "accounts.google.com" to more useful names like "Google - Alex" and "Google - SomeoneElse".

This discussion has been closed.