Generic Globe Icons

The old way was much better
I'd like to add my voice to those who don't like the generic globe icons in the list of login items. The tiny image in their lower-right corner of the globes are so small they're practically pointless. Each item having its own individual icon, however, makes it easier to scan through the list, especially when one cannot quite remember the name of the login item. Attached are two screenshots to illustrate my point. Really, now, which one do you think looks better? (I know they are each from different Web sites, but I think my point has been made.) Is there any way you can at least give us a way to manually change these icons to something other than the globe (i.e., unique)?

I realize that before you changed to the globes (for uniformity, I'm guessing) 1Password was merely clipping the top left corner of the login Web page, so sometimes something gets cut off or it might be a solid color. But I still like that way better than simply having a generic globe icon with an unrecognizably tiny graphic in its lower-right corner.

Again, I am not talking about the page icon in the upper-right corner -- I know I can change that -- but the smaller, square icons in the list to that window's left.

Please consider either returning to the old way or allowing customers to manually change the globes to something more unique and recognizable.

Thank you for listening to my feedback/suggestion.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    spj wrote:

I'd like to add my voice to those who don't like the generic globe icons in the list of login items. The tiny image in their lower-right corner of the globes are so small they're practically pointless. Each item having its own individual icon, however, makes it easier to scan through the list, especially when one cannot quite remember the name of the login item. Attached are two screenshots to illustrate my point. Really, now, which one do you think looks better? (I know they are each from different Web sites, but I think my point has been made.) Is there any way you can at least give us a way to manually change these icons to something other than the globe (i.e., unique)?

I realize that before you changed to the globes (for uniformity, I'm guessing) 1Password was merely clipping the top left corner of the login Web page, so sometimes something gets cut off or it might be a solid color. But I still like that way better than simply having a generic globe icon with an unrecognizably tiny graphic in its lower-right corner.

Again, I am not talking about the page icon in the upper-right corner -- I know I can change that -- but the smaller, square icons in the list to that window's left.

Please consider either returning to the old way or allowing customers to manually change the globes to something more unique and recognizable.

Thank you for listening to my feedback/suggestion.

Hi spj,

Thank you for letting us know it would be useful to you. We will look into improving this in a future update.

Something more distinct would certainly be useful, and I myself ran into this issue when browsing my logins the other day.

--
    Khad Young
    AWS Customer Care
    http://agile.ws/support
    http://twitter.com/1Password
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    There's related discussion in:

A couple of UI questions

Since this thread has a more descriptive/specific Subject it might be better to leave it as-is rather than merge it with that other one.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    sjk,

Thanks for that link. The information in that thread is accurate to my knowledge.
This discussion has been closed.