Stopping DropBox syncing

Options

I have 1Password 3 on my mac, 1Password PRO 3 on my iPhone and iPad. I got the notice about Dropbox not working to sync with that version. I have turned off Dropbox syncing and turned on WIFI syncing on both mobile devices.

However, my desktop states under SYNC
Dropbox installed YES
Dropbox running YES
Dropox is syncing all of your 1Password data

How can that be?

Is there something else I need to do?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The only version affected by Dropbox's deprecated API is 1Password 3 for iOS. Dropbox syncing works perfectly fine in 1Password 3 for Mac. If you use Wi-Fi syncing between your iOS device(s) and Mac then all the data that comes over via Wi-Fi to your Mac will then sync with Dropbox via your Mac.

If you upgrade to 1Password 4 for iOS, you can just use Dropbox syncing everywhere. There won't be any manual Wi-Fi syncing to remember (or forget as the case often was for me).

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• dinnysGarden
    dinnysGarden
    Community Member
    Options

So the mac will be syncing via Dropbox and then the iOS devices get their info from the WiFi.
    Got it, thanks khad!

My iPad is running v5 because of another app that won't run in 6, so I'm kinda stuck with my current iOS version of 1Password.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

So the mac will be syncing via Dropbox and then the iOS devices get their info from the WiFi.

That's it exactly. :)

Got it, thanks khad!

It's my pleasure to help. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.