Support for 64-bit browsers?

I am a new user of 1Password for Windows. The User's Guide mentions support for 32-bit Firefox, but it says nothing about 64-bit browsers such as Pale Moon, which is based on Firefox. Will 1Password work with the 64-bit Pale Moon browser?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

1Password will NOT work with Pale Moon, but it DOES work with 64-bit Firefox.

• ovejanegra
    ovejanegra
    Community Member

Thanks very much, Stefan, for your prompt response. I'm interested to hear that 1Password will now work with 64-bit Firefox, since only the 32-bit version was mentioned in the info I read. My guess is that if it works with the 64-bit Firefox, it will work with the 64-bit Pale Moon browser as well, since Pale Moon is a Firefox-based browser. It can use the Firefox add-ons and plugins, and some people have also shared the same profile on both Firefox and Pale Moon.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

You can try it and it may work, but it is not officially supported. The 1Password for Windows extension is only guaranteed to work in Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer.

• ovejanegra
    ovejanegra
    Community Member
    edited September 2013

Thanks for your response. I decided to try in the 32-bit version of PaleMoon. The 1Password add-on installed and is listed among Pale Moon's add-ons, but there's no way to use 1Password because nothing appears in the system tray nor anywhere else. This is the only add-on that I've been able to use in Firefox but not in Pale Moon. Oh well....

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'll make sure the developers know you are interested in this. Thank you for your feedback!

This discussion has been closed.