How To: Share a data file between two Dropbox accounts

misc720
misc720
Community Member
edited September 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have been using 1password on my iOS devises and mac laptop, with dropbox syncing, and everything works fine. I recently purchased 1password for windows to use on a PC in my office, so I can store work-related passwords and also access my personal passwords there.

My office PC is synced with a separate work-related dropbox account, so it seems that the 1password software cannot access my existing 1password data (in my personal dropbox). Is this correct? Does anyone know of a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• misc720
    misc720
    Community Member

Edit: I considered the possibility of sharing the agilebits folder between my personal and work dropbox accounts, but would rather not do that as my work dropbox is occasionally used by others.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2013

Your considered possibility (a shared Dropbox folder) is the only solution I can think of. Keep in mind that your sensitive 1Password data is encrypted, though. Perhaps you can figure out a better way to share the files with your co-workers who would normally have access to your Dropbox folder. If they each have their own Dropbox accounts, you can just use a shared folder with them so they don't have access to your whole Dropbox account.

This discussion has been closed.