different 1P browser button icons

Options

I have seen three different ones, and two of them I really don't understand how to interpret well.

1. Just a key. That's what I usually see, and its meaning is obvious
  2. A key with what looks like off-kilter parentheses or perhaps circular arrows. What's that mean? That usually goes away after a couple of minutes.
  3. A key with a faint red circle overlaid. Obviously it's a caution symbol. This tends to appear when a browser is first opened and stays until the first time I click on the key icon. What's this?

Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options
    1. That's the normal 1Password toolbar button in all browsers.

2. That sounds like a very old version of the 1Password extension. Could you post a screenshot and give me some more details of where you are seeing that? Which versions of (1) browser and (2) extension?

3. That means there is a problem. The Helper cannot connect to the sandboxed browser extension to communicate. To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• camner
    camner
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response…I didn't receive a notification of the response and forgot to come back to look. I can't reproduce this any more, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @camner,

I'm glad to hear that things are sorted out now! If you do see this again, please follow Khad's suggestions above and send in a Report so we can track this down. :)

This discussion has been closed.