How To: Upgrade from 1Password 2 to 1Password 3

bernwa
bernwa
Community Member
edited September 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have 1 Password version 2.12.1 and it doesn't seem to work in Firefox 24.0 or Safari 5.1.9. When I use the upgrade link in 1 Password preferences drop down it takes me to a page that makes it very confusing on where to update. Do I just get version 3 (I'm on Mac)? And is there a discount for upgrading.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bernwa,

Thanks for your interest in upgrading 1Password.

All you need to do is make sure that you are using the Agile Keychain Format so that 1Password 3 can read your data. If you see a button in 1Password 2 on the Keychain preference pane that says "Switch to Agile Keychain Format" click it to do so.

If the button says "Switch Back to OS X Keychain Format" DO NOT CLICK it. Your data is already in the correct format. :)

Then just install 1Password 3 from our download page. I checked out records based on the email address you used to sign up for the forum here, and you already have a 1Password 3 license key. If you need to look it up you can do so here:

https://agilebits.com/home/licenses

Just enter your email address, and we'll send it along. If you see two license keys, you'll want to be sure you're using the one that starts with "1PW3" not "1PW2".

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.