Feature suggestions for moving entries between 2 vaults

Two suggestions for using more than 1 vault:
1 - Enable move to another vault (only copy exists now)
2 - Enable copying more than 1 item at a time. For example I have items tagged with a tag
called "old". I want to move all of these to my new vault called Archive. Now this has to
done one at a time.

Comments

• sjksjk oversoul

Team Member

Hi, @mishtamesh. Thanks for the suggestions. The second one's becoming increasingly popular, e.g.:

Selecting multiple items to copy to a secondary vault only copies one item

• edited September 2013

The first suggestion (having the option to move rather than copy) will prevent the need to go back to the source vault and delete the correct original - this is just asking for trouble in my opinion. If you move it, it is gone from the original. If you made a mistake, you can always undo it.

• sjksjk oversoul

Team Member

… will prevent the need to go back to the source vault and delete the correct original

There's no need to "go back" if you delete the original item after it's share-copied to another vault.

this is just asking for trouble in my opinion.

Are you implying that you'd like to retract your first suggestion?

• I just tried the inter-vault copy again using 4.0b94 (400194). The functionality seems to have changed somewhere in the last day or two. It used to switch to the target vault after the copy. Now it stays in the source vault. So now the issue is smaller. But I still think that if you want to move entries to a new vault that is what you should be doing - not copying and deleting. For example, now I have 153 old entries (tagged "old") that I want to archive. If I move them now, I have to copy and delete 153 items, so suggestion 2 is a must, in my opinion, since the chance of making a mistake when doing them one by one is just to high for me to feel comfortable the process. However, IF all of the copied entries stay selected after the copy AND you remain in the source vault (which it does now with one entry) it is less of an issue - but still not ideal. The reason for suggesting this is that this is how I believe this feature will actually be used most of the time, at least by me (move not copy).

• roustemroustem AgileBits Founder

Team Member

Thank you for the feedback! Moving items and copying/moving multiple items between vaults is on our list.

• sjksjk oversoul

Team Member

Your detailed clarification was helpful, @mishtamesh -- thanks! I can think of uses for multi-item inter-vault copying and moving; glad both are on your list, @roustem. :)

This discussion has been closed.