Different Version of 1PasswordPro after Restore From Backup

Options
Dave2013
Dave2013
Community Member

Odd problem. I just purchased the iPhone 5s. I backed up the old iPhone and did a restore to the new phone from that backup. The old phone shows 1PasswordPro V 3.7.2. The new phone has 1PasswordPro V 2.2.1. There are no pending updates to my applications. Additionally, the master password, which works fine on the old phone, will not work on the new phone. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Dave2013,

Depending on how you created the backup, your data may not have been transferred over. However, since you still have access to your data on your old phone, we should be able to get you all sorted out!

To create a backup of your iPhone data on your old phone please follow the instructions in How To: Back up your 1Password Data on the iOS. You'll want to follow the instructions for Backing up only.

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/12049/how-to-back-up-your-1password-data-on-the-ios-devices-before-upgrading-your-ios

Save this file in a safe location just in case.

Once your data is backed up, on your new iPhone, delete 1Password Pro V 2.2.1 and go to App Store > Updates > Purchases and download 1Password Pro from there. (That will give you the most up to date version.) Open 1Password Pro and set your PIN and Master Password (use the same code and password as you were using previously, just to keep things simple.)

Now, using the same instruction guide, follow the Restoring Data from a Backup instructions.

This should get you all set up! I would definitely recommend though, that you check out our new iOS app, 1Password 4. It's got a ton of great new features and will look great on your shiny new phone. Additionally, it is chock full of new sync options so that you don't have to rely on an iTunes backup to save your data. :)

This discussion has been closed.