Details Don't Show for Logins or Secure Notes

joshbrown40
joshbrown40
Community Member

I'm running 1PW4 on the Mac (v4.0.1b1) and 1PW iOS 4.2.7 and the logins and secure notes don't show any details in them.

The URLs show for the logins, but, no other fields (e.g. username/password).

Secure notes show that there are attachments, but, when clicking those attachments, nothing shows up in the app.

Here is a screen shot of what I see for a login. Clicking on "Saved form details" shows a blank page.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @joshbrown40

For your invisible logins - I'm curious: is this consistent for all of your login entries or are you just seeing a few like the image you attached? I'd also love it if you could confirm if there is any saved data when you tap on the 'saved form details' button.

As to your issue about missing attachments, we did have a pretty nasty bug a few versions ago that caused all sorts of problems. Our genius techs were able to hunt down the problem and get it fixed! However, there are some steps that are required to view your attachments again:

*** Please confirm that the other copy of 1Password that you are syncing to is complete and has all your saved details before carrying out these steps on your iOS device ***

• Open 1Password on your iOS device and go to Settings > Advanced > Erase Data
    • Restart your iOS device
    • Open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Sync Now

You will be able to see your attachments once 1Password syncs all your data back to your app.

• joshbrown40
    joshbrown40
    Community Member
    edited September 2013

Yes, all login entries are blank -- just the URL shows (more specifically, I spot checked 20 or so logins our of my list of 600).

The saved form details page is blank for the login entries (screen shot below).

I also checked this on my iPad (which didn't have 1PW on it before). From a fresh install, the logins and secure notes are exhibiting the same issues as on my iPhone.

Erasing the data on my iPhone and restarting -- as well as erasing, deleting the app, and installing from the app store again -- doesn't fix the issue.

The logins and secure notes and various attachments show in the 1PW4 beta Mac app on my MacBook correctly.

• joshbrown40
    joshbrown40
    Community Member

I think I figured out the issue. When I was deleting the .agilekeychain file from my Dropbox before restoring, I noticed I had two .agilekeychain files. One was in the \1Password folder, the other in \Apps\1Password.

I moved the file a month or so ago from \1Password to \Apps\1Password and thought I deleted the \1Password folder.

The \1Password .agilekeychain file was only 90 bytes -- the one in \Apps\1Password was the 150MB file.

Once I deleted the \1Password folder, erased the data from the iOS app, and then re-synced the iOS app, the issues were resolved

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @joshbrown40,

I'm so glad you got things figured out! I do want to advise you though, as a general rule, the 1Password.agilekeychain file should be in ~/Dropbox/1Password/. This is the default location, and as such will provide the best syncing experience. If you continue to have difficulties, you might want to try moving your active 1Password.agilekeychain to the default location.

And, as always, If you have any further questions, you know where to find us :)

This discussion has been closed.