I have 1password 3 in my 3Gs phone. Just bought 1password 4 for my iPad...

rtexmx
rtexmx
Community Member

Getting the data transferred is not happening. Plus I just did the back up feature on 1password 3, but now when I put the PIN in for 1password I get a black screen. No function buttons, nada... Not good.....
Data came back with an iPhone reboot(for those attempting the same thing, don't lose hope). 1password app wouldn't come back with doing an app close and re-open though.
Trying to set up Dropbox sync, when I put my Dropbox password in, the 1password 3 sync stage repeatedly rejects the Dropbox password it asks for and the program crashes.
I'd REALLY not like to have to enter all the data by hand.
WiFi 1password seems to require I purchase the Mac copy of 1password.
The 1password link entry seems to be the precipitating event for the black screen.
Ideas? I'd really like to use the program I just paid for...

Comments

• rtexmx
    rtexmx
    Community Member

Getting the data transferred is not happening. Plus I just did the back up feature on 1password 3, but now when I put the PIN in for 1password I get a black screen. No function buttons, nada... Not good.....
    Data came back with an iPhone reboot(for those attempting the same thing, don't lose hope). 1password app wouldn't come back with doing an app close and re-open though.
    Trying to set up Dropbox sync, when I put my Dropbox password in, the 1password 3 sync stage repeatedly rejects the Dropbox password it asks for and the program crashes.
    I'd REALLY not like to have to enter all the data by hand.
    WiFi 1password seems to require I purchase the Mac copy of 1password.
    The 1password link entry seems to be the precipitating event for the black screen.
    Ideas? I'd really like to use the program I just paid for...

Follow up> I was finally able to do a WiFi sync. Though it was a manual sync where I entered my IP and port addresses. Click Help>Troubleshooting>Sync using IP address in 1password on the computer. On the 3GS iPhone I signed in, started the the app> signed in the app>clicked on the settings>WiFI>On>Allow new connections>Enter Master Password. It will give you an authorization code to enter into your Mac. Voila! yer in!.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rtexmx,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having difficulties getting your data transferred from 1Password 3 to 1Password 4. Let's see if we can't get this fixed up for you!

First off, Dropbox sync is not going to work with 1Password 3 for iOS. Dropbox recently made some changes to their API such that 1Password 3 for iOS can no longer use Dropbox to sync. But you still have a few options to get your data transferred into 1Password 4 for iOS - you should not have to enter all the data by hand!

The easiest way to get your data transferred is to do a direct import. Since all your data is still in 1Password 3 for iOS, let's try removing 1Password 4 for iOS and reinstalling:

• Tap & hold on the 1Password 4 icon on the home screen. It will begin to move slightly, and an x will appear on the corner.
    • Tap the x on 1Password 4, and confirm the deletion.
    • Press the Home button to stop the other apps on your screen from moving.
    • Now, visit the App Store on your device, and tap the Purchased section (on iPhone, Purchased is nested within Updates).
    • Find 1Password in your purchase history and tap the cloud icon to re-download, free of charge.

When 1Password 4 opens for the first time, you'll see a welcome screen. Select "I've Used 1Password Before" and import from previous version.

Let me know how this works for you :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rtexmx,

Sounds like you got things all sorted out - awesome! If you have any further questions, we're here to help :)

• tcollins5000
    tcollins5000
    Community Member

I have the same problem.
    i tried your solution up to this point:
    "Find 1Password in your purchase history and tap the cloud icon to re-download, free of charge."
    BUT... there's no cloud icon for me to tap. (it just says 9.99) i can't redownload anything for free (i already have 1password on my iphone4 and my imac, so i already bought it twice last year.)
    Also, the 1password that is on my iphone5 is ver 3-something, not 4.

so, any idea how to get my dropbox password accepted? would changing my dropbox password work?
    Thanks!!!

• Hey @tcollins5000,

Have you ever purchased 1Password 4 for iOS?

It sounds like you may still be using 1Password 3. Which icon matches the app that you're trying to use?

The one on the left, and the one in the middle are 1Password 3. The one on the right is 1Password 4.

so, any idea how to get my dropbox password accepted? would changing my dropbox password work? Thanks!!!

If you're using 1Password 3:

Dropbox sync is not going to work. Dropbox recently made some changes to their API such that 1Password 3 for iOS can no longer use Dropbox to sync.

To continue syncing with Dropbox, you must upgrade to 1Password 4 for iOS (currently on sale for $9.99).

Alternatively, you can continue using 1Password 3 for iOS and switch to wifi syncing. This will allow you to sync your data between 1Password 3 for iOS and 1Password 3 for Mac.

• Drax
    Drax
    Community Member

1pass4 when open will not give me anywhere to open my 1pass3.7 wifi sync code how do I get them synced

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Drax,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties getting 1Password 4 synced up! Unfortunately, to use Wi-Fi sync with 1Password 4 for iOS, you will need 1Password 4 for Mac. Please see my instructions above in post #3 to get your data imported directly from 1Password 3 for iOS.

Please let me know if this helps :)

• tcollins5000
    tcollins5000
    Community Member

Ok, i get it. I just synced using wi-fi. Thanks!!!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tcollins5000,

Thanks for letting us know you're all sorted out! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

This discussion has been closed.