Upgrade Path and Eligibility

Options
Mikepro
Mikepro
Community Member
edited September 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Dear agilebits,

Hi, I really like to use 1password on my Iphone because it's really useful and convenient, so now I decide to buy it for my laptop - window 8. However, I'm concerned about what the version of 1password on window is now, and when is the new one released? Do I need to to buy the new one again? To be honest, I'd not like to buy it again just after one or some days I purchased it.

Thank you so much

Have a good day

^ ^

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Every copy of 1Password for Windows purchased since January 1, 2013 is eligible for a free upgrade to 1Password 4 for Windows when it is available. Great now and even greater later. :)

• otosnede
    otosnede
    Community Member
    Options

Does that free upgrade apply to existing users as well? or just users who buy now? I use 1Password mainly on my Macs, but I bought the Mac/Windows bundle about a year and a half ago... will I get the free Mac upgrade to version 4? (been using the beta for a while now)

Also, what's the status on the Windows version getting updated? The 1Password 4 Chrome extension doesn't work with 1Password for Windows, so things are really in a state of disarray, to be honest... how's this all going to pan out?

• laxu
    laxu
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also interested if you're going to offer any dual license type deals for those of us who use 1Password on both Windows and OSX?

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

@otosnede - For the moment I've turned off extension syncing in Chrome to get around the compatibility issue, but I'm hoping/I expect that Agilebits will release an update to the Windows client to enable it to work with the v4 extension.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2013
    Options

Does that free upgrade apply to existing users as well? or just users who buy now? I use 1Password mainly on my Macs, but I bought the Mac/Windows bundle about a year and a half ago... will I get the free Mac upgrade to version 4? (been using the beta for a while now)

Here's the info we have on upgrading to 1Password v4 for Mac: http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/v3-transition.html

As for our Windows version, I'm guessing everyone who purchased it in the last 6-9 months will get a free upgrade to v4 when it becomes available, but there is no official policy yet.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Also, what's the status on the Windows version getting updated?

Eventually, the Windows version will get updated too. But there is no official time frame yet.

The 1Password 4 Chrome extension doesn't work with 1Password for Windows, so things are really in a state of disarray, to be honest... how's this all going to pan out?

Please turn off extension syncing in Chrome. The v4 extension for Chrome is NOT compatible with Windows yet.

This discussion has been closed.