Just upgraded to 1P4 successfully, few questions now.

MarkMS
MarkMS
Community Member
edited October 2013 in Mac

Hi,

I have a few questions I'd like to ask with the new upgrade. I went from 1Password v3 to v4 (both from the Agile Web Store).

1. I now have 1Password 3 in my Applications folder. Can I delete this?
    Reason I ask is when I launch 1Password from Alfred, out of habit, I get the options of launching 1Password.app (this is version 3), 1Password 4, and 1PasswordAgent.

2. In terms of licenses, where is my 1Password 4 serial code? I got the license download file when I bought 1P4 (and it's currently registered), but is there a serial code I can save so whenever I need to reinstall OS X I can just input the numbers? Or do I need to save the onepassowrd-license file for future use?

P.S.
Thanks to the 1Password team for such an awesome program and update. I love the new design features and I'm sure in time I will appreciate all the other new security-based features when I have time to read about them in the AgileBits Blog.

Comments

• Hi @MarkMS,

1. You can delete the 1Password.app, just don't delete everything else, as you should keep the data file and the backups for a few weeks. If everything goes well with 1Password 4 for you, you can then remove them as you have backups in 1Password 4.
    2. We're not using a simple license number anymore, it is now digitally signed, and that's why you need the file. You should attach it to your Software License item for 1Password 4. If you want to see the signature along with other data, just open the license file with TextEdit.

P.S. Thanks to the 1Password team for such an awesome program and update. I love the new design features and I'm sure in time I will appreciate all the other new security-based features when I have time to read about them in the AgileBits Blog.

You're welcome, thanks for the feedback. You should check the Help Menu > Welcome to 1Password 4, it's more fun to learn about 1Password 4 there.

This discussion has been closed.