1Password 4 import function problem

yannisp
yannisp
Community Member

Hi,
I just upgraded to 1password 4 for mac and tried to import a .1pif file with no success.
When I chose the file to import it simply do nothing, just a very quick open/close of a window
Any help would be appreciated

Yannis

Comments

• yannisp
    yannisp
    Community Member

anyone?

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member

I had no problems with export and import
    fyi

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @yannisp.

DId you use File > Import… in the main 1Password app to do the importing? Opening .1pif files (e.g. by double-clicking them) currently doesn't work.

• yannisp
    yannisp
    Community Member

Hi @sjk,
    Thank you for the reply.
    I did went from the menu in order to do the importing but with no success. The file to be imported was generated from a windows 1password. Maybe there is an incompatibility problem between windows 1password and 1password 4 for mac. Before updating to 1password 4 this was a straight up process.
    Any help would be much appreciated

Yannis

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the additional information, @yannisp. Wanted to let you know I'm still looking into whether there are any known issues with importing 1PIF files to 1P4 Mac that were exported with 1P Windows. Do you know which version of 1P Win you used to do the export?

• yannisp
    yannisp
    Community Member

@sjk
    I use 1Password for windows version 1.0.9.335 which I believe is the latest.
    By the way, I tried again to repeat the import with a newly generated .1pif file but the results were the same.

to sum up my 1password versions:
    Windows 7 Professional with 1password ver. 1.0.9.335
    MacOS Lion with 1 password 4.0.1

• yannisp
    yannisp
    Community Member

I just upgraded 1P4 to 4.0.2 but the problem remains... :(

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @yannisp. I'm sorry you're still having trouble with this.

Could you export just a single item from 1P Win and try importing it into 1P4? If that's successful then try exporting/importing a small number of items? The issue might be triggered with some specific item(s). Thanks!

Oh, I just noticed 1P Version 1.0.9.336 for Windows is out; see Release Notes.

This discussion has been closed.