Upgraded to 1PW4 For Mac - change of sync type question

Options
TechAddict
TechAddict
Community Member

Currently using the latest 1PW across 3 IOS devices and keep them in sync via iCloud and also with the Mac laptop by using USB cable sync. Now I've brought the Mac into the iCloud loop with v4 presumably all I need to do is switch from 'Folder sync' (which seems to have set itself up as the default) to iCloud. As I have a back-up, when I switch sync type, is it better to delete the locally stored info on the Mac or keep it? What I don't want is hundreds of duplicate entries. What I also don't want to end up with is 4 empty devices.

Might be worth covering this in the sync section for those upgrading who are in the same position.

Comments

• TechAddict
    TechAddict
    Community Member
    Options

Presume you're quite awash with problems?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @TechAddict. We are busy. :)

Please check your Messages inbox for followup about configuring iCloud Sync. Thanks!

• TechAddict
    TechAddict
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. There's no problem as such. I have the latest version of 1p4Mac and the latest IOS versions. Currently my IOS devices are synced via the cloud and one of them has been synced with the old 1P for Mac so the Mac is populated with data. All I want to know is what is the best way to NOW sync the Mac with the Cloud? When I look at preferences it has defaulted to the local fodler on the Mac. If I look to change that it asks me if I want to delete the local file.

Basically I now want my Mac to sync with the Cloud, same as my other 3 IOS devices. In doing so I don't want to wipe everything from all of them by mistake.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @TechAddict. I've responded to you in Messages again.

This discussion has been closed.