Family License for mixed household & basic use question

mac and windows versions
Maybe you've already anticipated my question… but I'll spell it out: (as a prospective buyer) will a family license allow me to install, say on two macs and three windows machines?
oh, and as someone who has yet to use the product I also have a simple question about the process of keeping keeping everything secure- how often to I enter that one password? once after booting up? after the computer's been asleep? that's what I would want, in least part- if my compter was to be stolen or lost it would probably be while it was closed & asleep (I seldom shut down my laptop while transporting it). or is it maybe every time I go to use one of the nifty password autofills after, say an hour since I last used one? Are these setting adjustable. I was hoping for more light to be shed on this issue in a screen cast (I only found the one video at https://agilewebsolutions.com/products/1Password/videos).
thanks!
- Jeremy

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    hesychast wrote:

Maybe you've already anticipated my question… but I'll spell it out: (as a prospective buyer) will a family license allow me to install, say on two macs and three windows machines?

Mac and Windows licenses are currently separate. See:

Your search for the term family license returned 66 results
  • macpug
    macpug
    Community Member
    edited August 2010
    hesychast, welcome to the forums! sjk is correct, the licenses are per user per platform. We have complete information about our licenses here: 1Password Licenses.
    Hope this helps.
    Also, toromel was right about the security preferences...there are many settings that you can use to customise it to your liking. We have a 30-day risk free trial, so give 1Password a spin and see what you think. :)
This discussion has been closed.