Change master password of a secondary vault? [will be improved]

Options
Jono
Jono
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

I created a secondary vault to share with my family (with the primary vault just for me). I want to change the password of the secondary vault but I'm not certain how to do this. I selected the secondary vault in 1Password and then went to Preferences > Security and selected Change Master Password.

I received a message saying:
Not a primary vault
Cannot change master password when a secondary vault is active…

How do I do this?

Comments

• JasonGarber
    JasonGarber
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to know too.

• torsday
    torsday
    Community Member
    Options

I second that seconding.

• Beesje
    Beesje
    Community Member
    Options

I need help with this too.

• mkew
    mkew
    Community Member
    Options

+1 I would also like to know how to do this.. I'd also like to be able to edit the icon for a secondary vault as well.

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

me too - have been awaiting an answer for several days regarding 2 vaults - I created by mistake using the same password - if I could even change the password of one of them it might help my problem of all the data being merged into one??????? Any answers here?

• Jasper
    edited October 2013
    Options

As said by @roustem regarding secondary vaults:

There is currently no way to edit the vault attributes, including password, name, icon, or colour. We hope to get this resolved in one of the 4.x updates.

(From: http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/16022/secondary-vault-basic-questions)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, all.

Just wanted to let everyone know the information from @roustem that @JasperP posted here (thanks!) is still correct. Although bugs fixes are the primary focus for our developers right now we do intend to improve Multiple Vault support based on suggestions and other feedback we've received.

• Jono
    Jono
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I'll look forward to it.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @Jono. Multiple Vaults are my favorite new feature in 1P4 so I'm also looking forward to any improvements. :)

• blalor
    blalor
    Community Member
    Options

Please add this support soon.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

As soon as possible, @blalor. :)

• randallpeltzer
    randallpeltzer
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• kdnewman
    kdnewman
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey guys,

The request for being able to change the Master Password of secondary vaults is in our tracker. Thanks for the extra votes. :)

In the mean time a workaround is described in this article: Edit a vault's details

This discussion has been closed.