ios System Requirements for iCloud Synch

Options

Hi there,
I just tried to convert from Dropbox to iCloud. All worked fine for Mac (osc10.8.5) and iPad (ios 7.02) but on my iPhone (ios 6.3.1) the iCloud button in 1Password snch settings is greyed out. System requirements for1Password in iTunes list minimum ios 6 - which I have.
I went back to dropbox but I still would like to know, if this is a known and remaining issue or if that will be solved.

By the way:
I just bought the update to 1Password4 on my Mac for full price (being an "old" 1Pasword user) - that pricing policy reminded me of the bad habbits a famous company in redmond is permanently doing to its users, I hope agilebits is not continuing this...

Greetings
Bernie

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Bernie,

Please check Settings.app > iCloud and be sure that Documents and Data is enabled on your iPhone. That should get iCloud behaving for you on that device as well.

We have some pretty great launch sales on for 1Password 4 right now, I'm curious where you purchased it for full price?

• Bernhard at Lake Constance
    Options

Hi Megan,

thanks for the quick reply. iCloud Settings were ok, I am using Docs in iCloud since that has been established (Numbers/Pages etc).
    So there is some other problem...

Regarding the ver 4 purchase:
    I first checked the agilebits page, they asked me to enter my serial number which I did - the reply was that there is no upgrade for my version, the 24$ option was greyed out. So my interpretation was that the agilebits price would be a new purchse for 39$, I then decided to purchse via the App Store for the same price.
    1Passord is a good product, therefore I also recommended to my freinds to do the update. It´s just principally bad that an old user has no discount at all compared to a totally new customer.

Greetings
    Bernie

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Bernie,

Our next step in this troubleshooting iCloud adventure is to re-start all your iCloud devices. This is intended to kickstart the librariand process. After everything is up and running (again), I'd like you to create a test entry on each device just to see which ones sync up where. (For example, "test iPhone", "test iPad", and "test Mac")

As to this licensing question, I'd love to look up your previous license in our back office, just to see what's going on. If you don't mind, please send me a private message with the name and email address that you made your original purchase with (send me several variations if you're not sure!) I'll do my best to get to the bottom of this - we certainly do not want to penalize our loyal, long term customers!

Options

Hi Megan,

reboot always helps, I should have thought about that earlier... synch via iCloud not greyed out anymore, so I am going to test the iCloud synch now, I dont expect any problems there...

Regarding the licence: I still have the original email containing the licence key, that is dated 5 May 2011. But I couldn´t find your email addr. Is it save enough to put that into your Message Box in the Forum?

Greetings

Bernie

Options

Hi Megan,

I just tested the environment (Mac/ipad+iPhone) as you recommended, all worked fine, you can close that iCloud Synch case.

Regarding the licence:
    Your boss Dave Teare wrote in his email to me announcing 1Password 4:
    "If you purchased 1Password 3 before January 1st, 2013, we have good news for you as well. You can upgrade your existing 1Password for Mac license at a 50% discount.". Since that didnt work I purched the full licence via the Apple App Store. I would be happy to get a refund...

Whenever I enter my 2 year old licence key I get the messge back:"There are no upgrades available....."
    I received my licence key via your German subsidiary in Heidelberg, could it be that those licence keys are not in your database???

Greetings
    Bernie

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Bernie,

First of all, I'm so glad to hear you got iCloud sync behaving properly!

Also, I'd like you to send me a private message with your license number. There has been some difficulty with licenses via the German subsidiary (which we should have sorted out later today), so I'd be more than happy to refund the extra that you paid for your new license. :)

Options

Hi Megan,

I received the refund, case can be closed. Thanks for everything, for your fast great support. I will continue to recommend your product 1Password to my friends. Your company invests into their product and understands the importance of an excelllent support.

Greetings

Bernie

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks so much for letting me know you're all sorted out, Bernie!

We all really appreciated your kind words. Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving :)

This discussion has been closed.