Generated passwords bug?

Options
DavidB
DavidB
Community Member
edited October 2013 in Mac

In another thread discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/16921/worst-1password-upgrade-ever#latest, geraintp wrote:

Then I wondered where the Generated Passwords folder had gone. Ah, searching through the forums I learn it's under "Passwords". Except it's not really, which is why I didn't assume it was, because it's not recording all generated passwords -- I manually added a login and used a 1P4 generated password, and it wasn't recorded. Last password Created or Modified is Oct 5, whereas I've got 3 new logins (Oct 12 and Oct 14) all with generated passwords. So now, this much-used feature is pretty much useless.

I checked my own setup (1P 4 website version, OS X 10.8.5) and found a similar situation. When I sort my Logins by Password Age, I find two new logins from yesterday (October 13) whose passwords aren't in the Passwords list.

Maybe I am missing something?

Thank you,

David

Comments

• Hi @DavidB,

That's intentional. If you use the built-in generator in the password field of a Login item, it's not going to create a copy in the Passwords category. That's because you're going to save it in the Login, so there's no need to make another copy. In addition, your older password gets recorded in the item's View Previous Passwords list.

The passwords are only recorded if you're using the generator not in an item, such as using the mini's generator to create a new password (which isn't connected to any items).

This discussion has been closed.