Password Generator foibles

Options
ScooterNash
ScooterNash
Community Member

I just created a password in the mini app (i can't find it in the main app) changed my password and, as soon as finish... lost the password before I could update it in the keychain. Is it stored somewhere or do I have to go though the rigamarole of calling the help desk of the site and requesting a password change.

More importantly, has the generator been removed from the main app? If so, why? It was so perfect before.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The password generator is still in the main app. Just click in the password field (in edit mode) and it will appear. You can move the slider to change the number of characters in the generated password and also change the "recipe" for the password.

Stephen

• Hi @ScooterNash,

I just created a password in the mini app (i can't find it in the main app) changed my password and, as soon as finish... lost the password before I could update it in the keychain. Is it stored somewhere

If you pressed Copy or Fill in the mini's generator, a record will automatically be copied in your Passwords category. You can go to the Passwords in either the main app or the mini to see those items.

As Stephen_C points out, you can click into the password field to bring up the password generator in the main app. We're working on a better design for this in a future update to 1Password.

• ozarkcanoer
    ozarkcanoer
    Community Member
    Options

A better design is sorely needed or at a minimum some indication that the controls that appear are for the generator. Not obvious to this user.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ozarkcanoer,

Thanks so much for your feedback here. You're certainly not alone in hoping for a better design, and as MikeT mentions above, we're working to improve this in the future. I'm sorry that I can't give you any more details right now, but we very much appreciate your patience as we polish this feature up. :)

This discussion has been closed.