An improvement of 1password?

zmhaha
zmhaha
Community Member
edited October 2013 in Mac

How about let users to directly put docs into the 1password and secured by the same master password?

With iCloud keychain is on the horizon, perhaps THE question is how1password can differentiate itself from iCloud keychain. So it amounts to doing a better job not only at what iCloud keychain does but also what it does not do. Otherwise, why not use the free one?
For example letting people put arbitrary docs and secure it, which I highly doubt apple would ever allow.

The secured note function is great, but it would be better if we have "secured doc". (Adding this feature does not require a lot of coding I suppose?)
The only downside of this I see is that this kinda overlaps with some of the functionalities of Knox but it is, to me, hard to justify why Knox can hold-up long enough as a stand along product. And It seems for many people, many features of Knox may not be a must.

To me, the Mac's Disk Utility's ability to create password protected dmg file suffice to sub for Knox, but for something requires frequent access and you don't want to "eject" all the time, it would be really useful to create a folder inside 1password containing those docs and they are locked whenever your 1password is.

Of course, you can always use the "add attachment" button in 1password to add a pdf or pic, but this involves an unnecessary step: creating a password-like entry first, and then attach the file to this entry, and it is also hard to keep track of things when adding them this way.

Why not just add the file into Dropbox and it is protected by your Dropbox password and I can also access it anywhere? Well, if you question the benefit of extra layer of security, this whole thing all falls apart, given it does not cause extra inconvenience.

With this feature added in, 1password certainly feels more complete. I believe 1password should aim for a 360 experience for personal data security.

Comments

• zmhaha
    zmhaha
    Community Member

comon any1?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zmhaha,

Thanks so much for the feedback. I would like to apologize for the delay in responding but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're working hard to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I'll pass this feature request along to our developers! :)

This discussion has been closed.