Sync across Mac, Windows, iOS

Options
morps
morps
Community Member

Need some guidance... since upgrading to 1Password 4, I have been unable to sync across all my devices. Perhaps that is temporarily "as designed" but just want to make sure. Dropbox syncing used to work great, but with it now no longer in the OSX version, I am wondering if iCloud sync will be coming to a Windows update. Of course I am assuming that will be possible.

Thanks in advance for the guidance...

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@morps

Dropbox is still available in the OS X version. You just have to click change syncing and then set it up. If I am understanding you correctly. Sounds as if you may have had iCloud turned on and 1Password just picked up on that ?

I would be very hesitant to say Apple would allow iCloud sync on a Windows platform. Thought they have some features already in the Windows control panel. Its not what would be needed to sync your documents.
    In my understanding Dropbox is the go to choice for cross platform syncing. I am still using it to sync my keychains.

• Hi @morps,

iCloud data sync is exclusive to Apple's platforms, so iCloud is not available on Windows and it is not something we can do anything about. We have to wait and see if Apple will ever open it up to Windows. They mentioned it was coming a few years ago but nothing happened.

For now, you have to use Dropbox. Can you explain what kind of issues you're seeing with Dropbox? In addition, please tell us what you have syncing via Dropbox such as what Macs, iOS devices, and Windows PCs you have along with the 1Password versions installed on them.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.