No longer can edit password from browser extension

Topher75
Topher75
Community Member

Before upgrading to version 4 I was able to edit values right from the browser plugin. Now you have to click an edit button which only opens the application. I'm I doing something wrong?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @Topher75. Nope, you're not doing anything wrong. :)

This is currently a known issue:

• You cannot edit an item within 1Password mini. Use the Edit button to open the item in the main 1Password app ready to be edited.

That capability may return in a future update though I can't promise anything right now.

• MrHatken
    MrHatken
    Community Member

I agree this is a problem. The 1Password Browser plugin wasn't very good before (layout, problems clicking on arrow, etc.) but now it seems to be worse in different ways. Certainly not being able to "quick edit" items (or even see the passwords) from the Web browser or 1Password mini is a real disappointment. 1Password 4 was a lot of money and I was hoping for more than this :-(

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MrHatken,

Thanks so much for the feedback here. I'm sorry that you're not seeing much of an improvement in the new extension. We're still looking for that perfect balance between convenience and simplicity in the Mini, and I'll pass along your vote for re-instating editing capabilities.

Please note that you can view passwords via the Mini, even if your default option is set to conceal. Simply highlight the password and tap the 'Option' key. :)

• MrHatken
    MrHatken
    Community Member

Thanks Administrator. That's great to know ("simply highlight the password and tap the 'Option' key') but I suggest it needs to be more obvious (why not a little button that can be clicked to reveal (or edit ;-) with option key as the keyboard shortcut. It was also not obvious (at least to me) that clicking on the password copies it to the clipboard. BTW - is the functionality of Password Mini exactly the same as the browser plugins?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @MrHatken.

Thanks for suggestions to make those 1P mini capabilities more discoverable and obvious.

About 1Password mini and web browser extensions, @MikeT explained:

… they are the same thing. 1Password mini powers the front-end of your browser extensions, so it's the same unified interface for all browsers, which makes it easier for us to support and maintain. However, 1Password mini can't integrate like the browser extensions can since they go into the browser and can modify data for like filling in, submitting and also auto-saving.

Also see @Megan's helpful posts: here and here. :)

This discussion has been closed.