Copy password from Safari extension (1P4 OsX10.9)

Options
waldhaus1
waldhaus1
Community Member

In 1P 3.9x it was possible to copy the password in the Safari extension by hovering the pointer over the password in the pop out menu for the site from the safari extension. That functionality seems to be gone in 1P 4 in Mavericks. Am I missing something? Since about 1/3 of the sites I visit don't populate properly from the extension it is very helpful to be able to copy and paste. The work around I have found is to click edit. then the app opens and I can copy, but need to click save, and need to be careful not to accidentally modify the password field. Have i missed a preference option or is this a true change in functionality?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Simply click or press return on the selected password :)

• waldhaus1
    waldhaus1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. This is certainly not the default way of copying on a Mac (or PC for that matter> It is also a change from prior versions, and for me not intuitive. I do appreciate learning how simple it turned out to be.
    Thanks for your help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @waldhaus1,

I'm glad to hear that @Xe997's advice helped. I'll pass along your thoughts to our developers - we do want 1Password to be as intuitive and user-friendly as possible! :)

This discussion has been closed.