Bugs with tag auto-completion

Options
semblance
semblance
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

When you type in a tag name, 1P's auto-completion based on the names of existing tags is not working properly. I've found two issues in particular (there may be more).

To recreate these issues, first create a new Vault, then create a Login with 3 tags:

• tag-one
  • tag-one-with-a-much-longer-name
  • tag-two

Save the Login, then create a new Login, and start adding tags to the new Login.

BUG 1. Start adding the tag "tag-two". When you get as far as typing "tag-t", 1Password incorrectly gives the auto-complete options as "tag-tag-one", "tag-tag-one-with-a-much-longer-name" and "tag-tag-two".

BUG 2. Start adding the tag "tag-one-with-a-much-longer-name". When you get as far as typing "tag-o", 1Password stops giving you any auto-complete options at all (even though the text matches two tags). This carries on all the way to the end, even though from "tag-one-w" onwards, the text still matches one tag. This means you have to type the long tag name in full with no mistakes in order to avoid creating an accidental duplicate.

Perhaps the reason I came across these bugs is because I have a lot of tags beginning with the same word ("has-").

While we're on the subject of tags, it seems there are a lot of outstanding tag-related regressions. Any idea when are we going to see:

• the tag rename feature restored
  • wrapping the line around when the tag list extends off the right-hand edge of the window
  • the ability to press Enter just once (instead of twice) when choosing an auto-complete option, in order to make the tag appear properly
  • the ability to enter multiple tags using the keyboard only, i.e. not lose keyboard focus after you add a tag using the keyboard

These features all worked properly in 1P3.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @semblance,

Thanks for that very detailed report! It just so happens that our tech gurus are aware of the funky nature of auto-completion with tags. I've added a link to this thread to the bug report. We'll do what we can to get this sorted out for you. I've run into this same issue myself, and I agree, it is rather annoying.

As to your other concerns, I can tell you that these issues are on the developers' to do list, but unfortunately I can't give you many more details than that. The release of 1Password 4 has had us all a bit busy, but we're all putting in extra hours to get all caught up. We really appreciate your patience here! :)

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the update @Megan, I'm happy they're all in the bug tracking system.

Hopefully one day someone will come and "zap" all the tag-related bugs in one go, but I appreciate it's not the most urgent thing in the world!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @semblance,

My fingers are crossed that this gets sorted out soon too ... Your patience here is much appreciated!

This discussion has been closed.