Problems with Safari 7 1Password extension

Options
montylee
montylee
Community Member

Previously reported to Agilebits and still not fixed (that I can see) in version 4.0.7 is the inability to Save As or Replace an existing password. 1Password only gives the option to SAVE, creating duplicates that I have to launch the app and then edit accordingly. Why isn't there an option to REPACE for identical website links?

Second, what happens when 1Password extension fails to fill in the required fields. Many times I will select the 1Password icon in the Safari Menu Bar and it will show the website name for a login, but when highlighted does nothing to the login fields. It doesn't fill in anything, even though that information is showing in the app (i.e. the information is there, but the Safari extension does not fill it in). How do I reset 1Password extension so it "wakes up" and fills in the relevant fields?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @montylee,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I'm sorry to hear that the 1Password Replace feature isn't working quite as you'd like. This is a feature we are currently working on improving. 1Password may not always recognize that you are changing a password on an account's 'change password' page, but it should do a better job of recognizing when you enter a different password on the account's login page. However, I think the best workflow at this time is to make use of the 'Copy on Fill' feature when you fill in your newly generated password. Just head on over to the main app, edit your existing Login and paste the password from your clipboard. This ensures that your Login will be updated, whether 1Password notices it or not. :)

If you need to re-set the Safari extension, you can always try reinstalling. To reinstall the Safari extension, please follow these steps:

• Open Safari.
    • Click Safari > Preferences in the menu bar.
    • Click the Extensions tab.
    • Click "Uninstall" for the 1Password 4 extension.
    • Restart Safari and visit the following page: https://agilebits.com/browsers/index.html
    • Click the download button next to the Safari icon, and follow the instructions on the new page to install the extension.

If you are still seeing filling issues after reinstalling, please see our article: 1Password fails to fill data to see if any of the fixes listed there fit your situation.

This discussion has been closed.