Can't sync via Wifi

Hey all, I'm having trouble getting 1P to sync over wifi. I had this working before, but it's been broken for about 39 weeks according to the sync history on my laptop.

I disabled wifi sync on the 1P iOS app (v3.7.1), then reenabled it. It gives me two codes to enter, but no phone appears in the 1P app on my laptop. I've confirmed we're both on the same network, yet no phone appears in the app. I tried to sync manually by selecting Help -> Troubleshooting -> Sync Using IP Address…, however when I entered the IP and port for my iPhone, nothing happened.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this? Thanks!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @loganbowers,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble syncing via Wi-Fi. It sounds like you've tried some of these suggestions already, but I'd like you to take a look at our Wi-Fi Sync Troubleshooting Guide and give each of the suggested solutions a try. :)

• loganbowers
    loganbowers
    Community Member

Hello,

So I was able to get the two devices to sync properly over wifi while on someone else's network. At home (where it is broken), both devices are connected to an Airport Extreme base station running essentially stock settings. Plenty of other Bonjour services work just fine. The only thing I can think of that is at all special is that at home is that every devices is getting a native IPv6 address. Does 1P 3.8 have any problems with IPv6?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @loganbowers,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having difficulties getting Wi-Fi sync set up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.